Emergency First Aid at Work 1 Day (6 hours)
Emergency First Aid at Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work is your essential workplace first aid course.
Do you or your staff know what to do in the event of an emergency?
Can you deal with an unconscious colleague if the situation arises?
With widespread use of mobile phones, ever more efficient ambulance response times and significantly less heavy, machine based industry this six hour course is everything most modern workplaces will ever need. The course will give you the skills to manage incidents and accidents for those vital moments it takes before the emergency services arrive.
EFAW 6-hour programme. On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to …
• Understand their role as a first aider including the ability to:
• Assess a situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
• Understand the importance of preventing cross infection.
• Understand the need for recording incidents and actions.
• Use available medical equipment.
• Administer first aid to an unconscious casualty, including seizure.
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR and AED
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
This qualification has been available to employers to meet their statutory obligations since October 1, 2009. We are regulated by the Awarding body ITC.
Booking: This course is offered to any place of work on agreed dates to suit you. Please contact Gritstone for further details.
• Easy to follow individual course manual
• A recognised qualification certificate with 3 years license to practice
• Ongoing post-course support
POA – guaranteed to beat any other quote by at least 10%
Group rates include a first aid manual and first aid certificate (valid for three years) for all participants. Prices are final, no added cost.
In House Courses
If you have a group of six or more staff to train, then our in-house option may the most cost-effective option for you. We can deliver any of our courses – right on your own premises.
Benefits of in-house training include
• You can choose the training dates which suit you
• There is less “lost” travel time and your employees will benefit from a familiar learning environment.
• You can take advantage of advanced scheduling of your training dates.
Contact 07812713153 or email@example.com or click here