One or Two Day First Aid courses for the childcare workplace or setting.
Paediatric First Aid
Gritstone Paediatric First Aid
The Gritstone Paediatric First Aid Course is your essential childcare workplace first aid course.
Do you or your staff know what to do in the event of an emergency?
Can you deal with an unconscious Child or colleague if the situation arises?
The course will give you the skills to manage incidents and accidents during those vital moments it takes before the emergency services arrive.
Why choose us? Our Trainers:
Chief Trainer, Alan Cash, is a former school teacher turned training company owner with a who is able to make training relevant to the educational and childcare setting. All Gritstone trainers have a background in teaching or education and love teaching first aid. Our trainers are sensitive to the emotive subject of illness and accident in children and pitch training delivery styles to suit appropriately.
Paediatric First Aid Courses include:
• Understand their role as a first aider including the ability to:
• Assess a situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
• Understand the importance of preventing cross infection.
• Understand the need for recording incidents and actions.
• Use available medical equipment.
• Administer first aid to an unconscious child, including seizure.
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR.
• Administer first aid to a child who is choking.
• Administer first aid to a child who is wounded and bleeding.
• Administer first aid to a child who is suffering from shock.
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
This qualification has been allows childcare employers to meet their statutory health and safety obligations.
Booking: This course is offered to any place of work on agreed dates to suit you. Please contact Gritstone for further details.
• Easy to follow individual course manual
• A recognised qualification certificate with 3 years license to practice
• Ongoing post-course support
POA – guaranteed to beat any other quote by at least 10%
Group rates include a first aid manual and first aid certificate (valid for three years) for all participants. Prices are final, no added cost.
In House Courses
If you have a group of 4 or more staff to train, then our in-house option may the most cost-effective option for you. We can deliver any of our courses – right on your own premises.
Benefits of in-house training include
• You can choose the training dates which suit you
• There is less “lost” travel time and your employees will benefit from a familiar learning environment.
• You can take advantage of advanced scheduling of your training dates.
Contact 07812713153 or firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.