Outdoor First Aid – for outdoor professionals and enthusiasts
Outdoor First Aid
Course Location: Adventure Hub, Bamford S33 0AL.
Next available courses:
- 27&28 January 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 13&14 February 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 27&28 February 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 9&10 March 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 26&27 March 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 16&17 April 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 30th April & 1st May 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 14&15 May 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 28&29 May 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
- 18&19 June 2020, Bamford (Peak District) spaces available£110
This is not your ‘ordinary’ first aid course. This course is delivered by a highly experienced, multi activity instructor with many years of outdoor activity experience. The course is delivered in a no nonsense, to the point style which is easy to remember and easy to understand and apply to your outdoor context. There will be minimal PowerPoints and the course is heavily practical and encourages discussion and active participation.
16 Hour Outdoor First Aid – Peak District : Our Outdoor First Aid Course will validate all Outdoor NGBs including MIA, MIC, ML, SPA, BCU, BCA, TCL, MBL and is also suitable for D of E Leaders, Scout Leaders, Youth Workers, National Park Rangers or anyone working or simply enjoying the outdoors for leisure.
Much of the course will be conducted outside using realistic and challenging scenarios, based on real accidents that have occurred while walking, climbing, mountain biking or enjoying the outdoors.
This course will allow the candidate to operate in their chosen activity with increased confidence that they will be able to cope with emergency situations.
• Best practice and safety
• A systematic method of incident management in the outdoors
• Unconsciousness, causes and treatment
• External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock
• Resuscitation procedures CPR and AED usage
• Treatment for choking
• Awareness of current legislation
• Injury management in the outdoors
• Illness recognition, management and treatment
• Managing environmental injuries (heat, cold)
• Incident management scenarios
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07812713153
Why Choose Gritstone First Aid?
Our courses are run as outdoor training – not as a mere “add on” to your existing outdoor skills or qualifications, but as an outdoor discipline that stands alone. Our trainers are, above all, outdoors enthusiasts and professionals with a grounding in teaching and in a wealth of outdoor activity professional experience. Our courses are based on actual first aid situations and are heavily practical and scenario based. Much of the outdoor first aid course is conducted outside and courses are tailored to the needs of the clients. Our trainers love teaching first aid and love the outdoors. Candidates are given unlimited post-course support.
Course fee includes first aid manual and first aid certificate valid for three years.
What our clients say:
Ben Comery: (Open OFA 10/11 Oct 15)
Quick course provider recommendation, just spent the weekend on an outdoor first aid course run by Alan Cash, from Gritstone Adventures. A great course, plenty of practical time and learnt new skills and techniques that I’ve not heard on other courses over the last 15 yrs. A big thanks to Al, and definitely recommend him to all.
Laura White: (Open OFA 7/8 Nov 15)
Had a fab couple of days doing an outdoor first aid course. It was really relevant for me as a Forest School Leader, I learnt loads and met some lovely people. Thanks Al. X
Alex Wothers: (Dudley DofE Association group booking)
Just wanted to say thanks again for the course this weekend! It was really informative and useful and felt really beneficial compared to the first aid courses that we have attended in previous years!
Thanks again and hopefully we’ll see you again soon!!
Robert Mitchell: (Open OFA 7/8 Nov 15)
I just wanted to say again how much I enjoyed the course this weekend – especially the outdoor element which really does add an element of realism.
Stuart Coxon: (Open OFA 16/17 Jan 2016)
Good pace of instruction, good mix of indoor and outdoor teaching, good mix of learning styles and lots of doing
Jezz Parr: (Open OFA 16/17 Jan 2016)
Good course to refresh and update my FA skills, good interactive course.
Adrian Murray: (Open OFA 16/17 Jan 2016)
The instructor was thorough, informative and open to suggestion and feedback at all times. I would highly recommend to others.
Gritstone Adventure Activities are an ITC affiliated training centre. ITC are the UK’s leading first aid training awarding body. ITC carry out continuous and thorough verification of all affiliated centres, ensuring their centres deliver training to the highest possible standards. Click here for ITC website.